Yes… this is one of my favorite snacks of all time. Not only have I made them multiple times, but I haven’t found a single person that doesn’t love them. I’ve taken them to wine country, Jen and I made them this weekend – – and, I can’t wait to make them again!!!
I first fell in love with them during a cooking class hosted by the lovely Marisa from Uproot Kitchen. Are you following her blog?? If you’re not, click that link above and start today. Her site has the most beautiful and delicious, wholesome recipes. She shops farmers’ markets to find the freshest produce and crafts them into the most delectable dishes… like this one.
She’s also a dear friend of mine who “lives” in Colorado, but is studying at Berkeley right now. I miss her beautiful soul and connecting over our love for food and our passion for living a full life.
So, with that… I share a beautiful recipe of Marisa’s. Try it, y’all!
Apple & Manchego Cheese Bites with Balsamic Walnut Butter
From Uproot Kitchen
1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
2 tsp. balsamic glaze
2 large apples (Fuji or Honeycrisp)
3 oz. Manchego cheese
¼ cup dried cranberries
Balsamic glaze to drizzle
1. In a food processor, blend walnuts until they turn to a paste. Add balsamic glaze and process until combined.
2. Slice apples into thin planks and slice cheese into triangular shapes.
3. Assemble bites by smearing a teaspoon or more of the balsamic walnut butter onto the apple slice.
4. Top with cheese and dried cranberries.
5. Drizzle additional balsamic glaze on top and serve immediately.