When I was putting this breakfast together last week, I couldn’t help to think that it was a breakfast fit for a king. I’m sure y’all remember that Elvis Presley was known for his banana, peanut butter, and bacon sandwiches… and everything indulgent, really.
And, little known fact… I went to high school just outside of Memphis, Tennessee. That being said, I toured Elvis’ mansion many, many times. Whenever guests traveled to town, we’d take them there to see all of Graceland’s treasures. So, the King and I… we have a history. And, now, we have a sandwich in common.
This sandwich, inspired by the King, has been lightened up significantly and is served on a waffle. There’s something special about warming up the bananas in a saute pan, and smashing them between two PB2 coated waffles… So delicious, so filling, and something I’ll be eating again and again!
Caramelized Banana-PB2 Waffle Sandwich
1 package Jenny Craig Classic Waffles
2 Tbsp. Pb2
1 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
1/2 medium banana, sliced
1. In a small bowl, mix your PB2 and water until it forms a lovely peanut butter like consistency.
2. Toast your frozen waffles in the toaster until done.
3. In a skillet warmed to medium heat and prepared with cooking spray, add your sliced bananas. Cooking 3 minutes on each side or until browned to your taste. Note: I cooked mine a little too long on this first try. Keep an eye on your bananas and flip early, if desired.
4. Move your waffles to a plate and spread both with PB2 mixture.
5. Top with caramelized banana slices. Top with syrup, if desired.
6. Top the loaded waffle with the second waffle. Serve and enjoy!!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.