It’s no surprise that I’m featuring a soup here on NTTC today. I feel like this season has been all about soups for me! It’s just warm, filling, and perfect for this time of year, and I can’t get enough of it!!
I’ve been holding onto this soup forever, and finally made it last week. Incredible.
I’ve actually never eaten a loaded baked potato soup before this one, and I think it’s great that the only I know is a healthier version! I don’t feel like I’m missing ANYTHING. As it should be!
The toppings make this dish so fun. Stir in the cheese and bacon when your soup is piping hot to see the magic melt in… yum.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Adapted from Skinnytaste
2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken stock
1 1/2 cups skim milk
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup light sour cream
10 Tbsp. reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 Tbsp. chopped chives, divided
3 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 – 5 minutes, until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes and chop.
3. On medium heat, add broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
4. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt, and pepper. Cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover to avoid splattering.
5. Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.
6. My Tip: Store leftovers in serving-sized bowls, with toppings already added. This makes for easy reheating and is great for lunches at the office!
Per 1 cup serving with toppings:
CAL 234; FAT 6g; SAT FAT 4g; CARBS 34g; PROT 13g; FIB 6g; SUG 6g
WW Points+: 6; WW Smart Points: 8