I mentioned on Friday, that I’ve been cooking up a STORM. I just can’t stop cooking. There’s something creative, wonderful, and fulfilling about preparing healthy, DELICIOUS food, and I love it!!
I also have a thing for making things that appear to be complex, but are actually super simple to make. Like this dish.
Oh, summer rolls. It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy these bad boys… as they’re named after this beautiful season we’re enjoying. The crunch of the raw veggies, the spicy deliciousness of the saucy slaw… this dish does not disappoint.
Moo Shu Pork Summer Rolls
Adapted from Weight Watchers
3 (2-oz) boneless center cut loin pork chops (1/4 inch thick), thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
2 cups packaged broccoli slaw
8 round sheets rice paper
1/2 cup julienne-cut green onions
1/3 english cucumber, cut into strips
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to the pan, and saute 4 minutes or until done. Remove pork from the pan; Set aside.
2. Combine hoisin sauce and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Note: If you like a little heat, add some of the crushed red peppers.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add broccoli slaw and liquid. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
4. Add hot water to a large, shallow dish (I used a plate.) Place 1 rice paper sheet to the dish. Let sit for 30 seconds, just until soft.
5. Place the rice paper sheet on a flat surface. Arrange about 2 1/2 Tbsp. pork over half of the sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with 2-3 Tbsp. slaw mixture, 2 slices of cucumber, a sprinkle of green onions, and 1 small sprig cilantro.
6. Folding sids of sheet over the filling and starting with the filled side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal. Place roll seam-side down on a serving platter. Tip: If you’re not serving immediately, cover with a damp paper towel so they don’t dry out.
7. Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper, pork, slaw mixture, cucumbers, green onions, and cilantro.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Per 2 summer roll serving:
CAL 157; CARB 22g; FAT 2.6g; PROT 11g; FIB 2g; WW Points Plus: 4