Confession: I keep a list of volumizing ideas in my phone. Because all my best ideas come up when I least expect them, it’s a great way to save these fleeting thoughts.
I’d buy the bananas, and then I’d let them get too ripe. Finally, the stars aligned and I had all the ingredients I needed to make this on Memorial Day, and WOW!
It’s really a simple, simple recipe… but packed with so much flavor. You’re going to love this one!
Bananas Foster French Toast
1 package Jenny Craig Cinnamon French Toast
1 Tbsp. all-natural, zero-calorie powdered sugar (like Z Sweet from Whole Foods)
a dash of cinnamon
1/2 banana, sliced
coconut oil spray (or cooking spray)
1. Cook your french toast in the microwave for 50 seconds. You’ll finish the toast in a skillet shortly.
2. Meanwhile, slice your banana.
3. Heat your skillet to medium heat, and prepare it with cooking spray. Note: I used coconut oil spray from Trader Joe’s.
4. On a small plate, add your powdered sugar and a few shakes of cinnamon (as much as you’d like!) Stir to combine.
5. Coat each banana slice in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, and place in the hot skillet.
6. Cook for about 90 seconds and then flip, scooting the fruit to one side of the pan. Add the french toast to the other side of the pan allowing them to finish cooking and toast slightly.
7. Add the remaining sugar to the bananas once you flip them. You’ll see the sugar start to caramelize, and adding the sugar to the mix makes for more “sauce.”
8. Once your bananas have caramelized to your liking and you’ve cooked your french toast on both sides, move the toast to a small plate and top with the banana goodness. Sprinkle with a touch of extra sugar, to make it look pretty.