A few weeks back, I had the opportunity to attend a grand opening of a new Natural Grocers store in Denver. It just so happens that it is just across the street from my regular Target… so, it’s super convenient for me!
I absolutely love that they have a full calendar of wellness events ahead and that they keep a nutritionist on staff to help support the community! Pair that with their commitment to organic, GMO-free foods… and it’s the perfect addition to our neighborhood!
At the grand opening event, the team at Natural Grocers shared with us their mission and some fabulous brunch foods to enjoy. I absolutely fell in love with these sweet potatoes and had to recreate them at home.
Thankfully, my new friends at Natural Grocers shared the recipe! Also of note, it was my first time roasting with coconut oil. It is official… I’m HOOKED!!!
I modified the recipe ever-so-slightly, cutting back the amount of coconut oil and using only two sweet potatoes. They were beyond perfection – – tender and sweet. You must try these!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
From Natural Grocers
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/3 tsp. herbs de provence + more to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil to a baking pan, and place it in the oven while it preheats to melt the oil, about 1 minute.
3. Peel and dice your sweet potatoes into even-sized pieces.
4. Toss your potatoes in the melted coconut oil, coating completely. Add salt and herbs and toss again.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven to stir.
6. Bake an additional 30 minutes, stirring again after 15 minutes and adding a little more herbs and salt.
7. Remove and serve warm.
Per 1/2 cup serving:
CAL 168; CARB 24g; FAT 7g; SAT FAT 7g; PROT 2g; FIB 4g; SUG 10g
WW Points+: 4; WW Smart Points: 8