Sometimes I stumble upon an amazing dinner…. and today’s recipe is one of those.
I didn’t plan to make this for dinner, and then it all just came together.
My local farmers’ market has stand that sells vegetables by the bag. You can fill a pretty large bag with all of your favorite veggies, for just $10. Pretty cool, right?
I ended up having a little room left and added two poblano peppers as a last minute addition. I’m a big fan of Chile Relleno (a la Trader Joe’s), so I thought I would try to make my own version… but healthier with these peppers.
I also leveraged a few other recipes that I had made recently to create this dish. Click the images below for the full recipes…
I can’t believe how delicious these peppers came out! Poblanos have a much milder flavor than a bell pepper, and I really prefer them to traditional stuffed peppers. I seriously wish I would have bought about 5 of those peppers! Next time, I will!
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
1/3 cup shredded chicken (I used Salsa Chicken)
1 poblano pepper
1 roma tomato, diced and seeded
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Chipotle and Queso Fresco flavor
2 Tbsp. diced onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 cups fresh spinach
salt and pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. reduced fat 4-Cheese Mexican cheese, shredded
Salsa (I used Restaurant Style Salsa)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute onions and garlic in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, about 1-2 more minutes.
3. Add chicken and tomatoes to the pan, and stir to combine.
4. Add one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese. Stir to combine.
5. Remove the top of the pepper where the stem is. Cut the pepper vertically to allow for it to be filled. Remove the seeds as best you can, and fill it with the chicken mixture.
6. Place in a cooking sheet, sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and pepper is cooked.
7. Remove to a plate to serve. Top with fresh salsa.
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 307; CARB 20g; FAT 13g; SAT FAT 3g; PROT 33g; FIB 5g; SUG 7g
WW Points Plus: 8; WW Smart Points: 8