After my run-in with the Gigi’s Cupcake on Friday, I knew that I had close to no calories left for dinner. I also knew that I had zero energy for the gym. I considered going straight to bed, but a 5:30pm bedtime is a little early for me and even for my 6 year old nephew.
I decided to get creative with veggies tonight, and enjoy a carb-free meal. I can’t believe how good this dish ended up being. So good, I ate it all weekend long – – GUILTY!
I had tried an Asiago and Sun Dried Tomato chicken sausage at Target a few weeks back, but hadn’t used it in anything until this point. Each sausage weighs in at 110 calories per link. I knew if I made this bowl I’d be clocking about 220 calories for this super-flavorful ingredient. I also reserved a wedge of Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Mozzarella Laughing Cow Cheese to add to the dish for a little creaminess (for just an additional 35 calories!)
Think of this dish as Chicken Sausage and Onions meets my Garlicky Spinach recipe. DE-LISH!
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage Spinach Bowl
2 links Market Pantry Sun Dried Tomato and Asiago chicken sausage
2 cups raw spinach
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup grape tomatoes (about 15)
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Sun Dried Tomato and Basil flavor
1. Slice the sausage into thin slices and add to a pan sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Add your sliced onion and garlic to the pan, and saute until sausage is browned and onions begin to caramelize.
3. Add raw spinach to the pan and stir until combined. Saute until the spinach begins to wilt and add tomatoes.
4. Continue to saute the mixture, allowing tomatoes to blister and spinach to wilt completely. (1-2 minutes)
5. Remove pan from heat, and add Laughing Cow Cheese and some freshly ground pepper. Stir until combined and cheese has melted.
6. Move to your favorite bowl, and enjoy!
This dish is INCREDIBLY flavorful and very satisfying. I can imagine it with some pasta on a day where you’ve not had 1/3 of a cupcake. The sausage + Laughing Cow creates a light sauce that would be awesome with penne.
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 343; CARB 23g; FAT 14g; SAT FAT 4g; PROT 35g; FIB 5g; SUG 6g
WW Points +: 9; WW Smart Points:9