Good Morning, My Dears…
When I checked in last Monday, the weight loss process wasn’t going so hot. I had logged my first significant weight gain, and had devised a plan to work my way back on track.
I am VERY pleased to let you know that despite an incredibly stressful week… and temptation around every corner, I stayed on track and have a weight loss to report!
This Week’s Weight Loss: -3.7 lbs
Total Weight Loss: -78.9 lbs
I can’t even begin to tell you how THRILLED I am with that number. It’s a “week one” number, so a little higher than what I’ll see in weeks to come, but I’ll take it!
How Did I Do It?
- I logged everything I ate all week long. The weekend has been a little spotty, but Monday-Friday I was strong!
- I packed snacks to take to work every single day. Bananas, pears, grape tomatoes, and of course, roasted beets. I ate snacks steadily throughout the day so I never got that HUGE uncontrollable hunger. I even made another batch of the Mustardy Cole Slaw I love and enjoyed that each day after lunch.
- I planned my meals. For me, that meant eating Jenny Craig cuisine all week long. Something I reflected upon during the week was that it REALLY takes that thinking out of the process. My meals are what they are… there’s no deviation, choices, or potential for second helpings. I LOVE this program for that reason. I’ll be employing a Jenny plan again this week to be successful.
- I used social media to track my progress - If you follow me on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, you probably saw extra posts of what I was eating this week… posting my meals helped keep me on track, and you guys were SO nice to root me on! The encouragement helped a LOT.
- I dined out, but had a plan. I went to a restaurant I really like, but fully had a plan for what I was going to order. I ate no bread, but did enjoy a glass of wine with the ladies.
- I spent time on the mat. I attended 4 yoga classes this week. While I didn’t hit the YMCA for cardio, I needed the yoga more than cardio this week as a stress-reliever. I feel amazing after yoga, and plan to practice once again this week.
- I had a slip-up on Friday, but didn’t let it ruin my week. My office delivered Gigi’s cupcakes on Friday for the entire staff… I said no once, I went back and said no a second time, but when it was just me and the Coconut Macaroon cupcake in the breakroom, I caved. I only ate somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the thing, but these cupcakes are just LOADED with calories…
What’s the Plan for This Week?
Lather, Rinse, Repeat. See above, we’re going to do it all over again! This week, I’ve already prepped all of my snacks, have fruit handy to take to work, and made a tasty kale salad that will be this week’s “cole slaw.”
I’ve even got dinner plans this week again, and my plan is to check out that menu ahead of time. Denver hosts an AMAZING Restaurant Week, where you get a 3 course meal for $26.40. I am not going to participate and instead find a salad on the menu… afterall, THREE courses (usually including dessert) is WAY too much for this girl.
Ok… Let’s do this!
How was your week? Any successes/challenges to report?