I’ve never been that interested in the Jenny Craig Soupitizers. I mean, they’re fine, but it’s never been something I was that interested in eating. I bought a few of the Tomato Florentine soups a few months back and I decided to play with them to make a better version of the soup.
The soup itself (from the package) is pretty brothy… with a few pieces of spinach. I knew I could kick this dish up a bit.
This recipe will be particularly appealing to my Jenny Craig friends, but I also have a suggestion for those of you not on JC. This AMAZING creamy tomato soup should satisfy your tastebuds.
Cheesy Tomato Florentine Soup
2 cans Jenny Craig Soupitizer Tomato Florentine flavor
3/4 cup fresh spinach leaves, cut into julienned strips
1/2 shallot, minced
2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic Herb flavor
1. Spray a pan with cooking spray on medium heat. Add minced shallot and saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Slice spinach leaves and add them to the pan. Cook until wilted, stirring frequently.
3. Add soup and bring to a boil.
4. Add cheese wedges and cook until they melt. Use a whisk to speed up the melting process. Cooking time is about 3-5 minutes.
5. Move 1 serving to a bowl and enjoy!