Tonight, I ate the JC Salisbury Steak, but needed a little something more. I thought I’d post my recipe for my favorite spinach dish that I made tonight. It’s a staple in my house, and oh so tasty!
Now, my old favorite spinach was probably some sort of decadent Creamed Spinach or Spinach and Artichoke dip… so, I came up with this recipe as an alternative and something I could enjoy that made me feel like I was splurging. It’s JC-friendly, of course…. as is everything I eat these days!
Garlicky Spinach with Laughing Cow Cheese
1 bag of fresh spinach
1/2 onion, minced
several garlic cloves, minced
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese Garlic and Herb flavor
Pam cooking spray
1. Saute diced onions and minced garlic in a frying pan sprayed with Pam Olive Oil. Quantities are really up to you, but I like the tiny diced onion since they add some crunch and flavor. I’m quite generous. Hit the garlic/onion with a little bit of salt and pepper.
2. When the onions are sort of clear, add the spinach to the pan. I fill the ENTIRE pan, because it cooks down so much. This picture is of about 3/4 of a bag of spinach, as that’s all I had in the fridge.
3. Cook and stir until wilted up and done. Again, you’ll notice the volume go WAY down.
4. Add a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedge. Stir it around until the cheese melts most of the way.
5. Then, move the mixture to a bowl and begin to really stir it up the rest of the way.
Not the best picture, but you can see what happens, and in the final pic you should be able to see the onions and garlic.