Oh, holiday weekends… you fly by so quickly. I do love you though.
It was such a fun and busy weekend for me. Running from place to place, spending time with friends, seeing movies… oh, and I got my hair done. There’s something so wonderful about a hair appointment. It’s the fact that you get to be freshened up and get beautiful. AND, I just adore my hairdresser so I feel like I get to visit with a friend during the process. So fun!
Well, my dear readers, I think you should know (and you’ll see below) I appear to going increasingly blonde these days. My last adventure with my highlights was such a hit I decided to kick it up another notch!
Upkeep is a little tricky, considering how super-dark my hair is naturally. Just the same, I think it’s worth it for summer! Cheers!
Because I have the day off, I figured I’d take the opportunity to complete Kenlie’s Friend Makin’ Monday today. If you’re not familiar with FMM, Kenlie posts a topic each week and encourages her blogger readers to post about the topic and then link back to her page. It’s a great way to meet other bloggers and to lend support to Kenlie (because she rocks!)
Without further ado… here’s my version of her post suggestion for the week. You can click here to see Kenlie’s original post.
FMM: One or the Other
1. Shower or Bubble Bath? My preference is bubble bath, but most days it’s just a shower.
2. Money or Power? Money. I have zero interest in power.
3. Country Music or Rap? Country
4. Sunshine or Thunderstorms? Sunshine. Every time. That’s why I live in Colorado… more than 300 days of sunshine. Well, that’s one of the MANY reasons.
5. Uniform or Suit? Suit
6. Chocolate or Vanilla? CHOCOLATE. This weekend, I made a cookies and cream milkshake that I think was somewhere in between. Loved it!
7. Beauty or Brains? Brains
8. Newspaper or Online News? Online, although I do get the Sunday paper and love it!
9. Marinara or Alfredo? Marinara. I’ve never been a fan of the Alfredo (probably a REALLY good thing)
10. Lip Gloss or Lip Stick? Lipstick. Although, in the summer… I do love my gloss!
11. Beach or Mountains? Beach. I have mountains every day, so I long for the beach. It’s been a YEAR since I’ve been on the beach!!!
12. Talk or Text? I text a LOT, but I do love talk the most.
13. CNN or Fox News? CNN
14. Cake or Potato Chips? Potato Chips. Seriously, this was a no-brainer. We all know I’m a chipaholic.
15. Movies at home or at the theater? The theater
16. Bar or Bookstore? As bad as it sounds, I’m going to say bar. Think WINE BAR. I rarely go to the bookstore now that I’m all Nook’ed out.
17. Rock or Pop? Pop
18. Manicure or Facial? Manicure
19. Book or e-reader? eReader
20. Planes or Trains? Planes
Tomorrow is back to work for this girl. I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and spent it enjoying friends and family! xoxo