This is another recipe from my trip to the Cape a few weeks back. Another yummy recipe that Beth found in our new favorite cookbook. Slowly but surely, I’m getting this posted up for you guys!
And, I’m learning about Jenny Craig exchanges… so soon I’ll be able to give you my best guess at exchanges on these recipes! Woo hoo! Until then… feast your eyes on this tasty dish!
We paired our yummy steak with roasted brussels sprouts, simply seasoned with cooking spray, salt, and pepper. Yum, Yum!
Creamy Italian Pinwheel Steaks | No Thanks to Cake
- 2 8-oz. skirt steaks
- ½ cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 2 cups spinach, fresh
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/16-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmigiano-Reggiano in a blender of food processor; process until blended. Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture on each steak.
- Top with spinach. Roll up steaks; secure with wooden picks. Cut each roll in half crosswise.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add rolls to pan; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until browned, turning frequently.
- Place pan in the oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.