You’ve been waiting for it… and here it is!
I waited to blog this recipe, because I had to wait for the cookbook to arrive with the recipe. After Beth and I tried several recipes during my time at the Cape, I KNEW I had to own it. I really can’t wait to try more things in here!
The great things about Weight Watchers recipes is that I know the stats are pretty good. I’m also AMAZED at how easy it is to make the majority of these recipes. I sorta turned my nose up at the idea of pre-made BBQ chicken, but it was GO-OD.
I’ve made again since I’ve been home, and it was (again!) completely delicious.
Because I ALWAYS modify, I have to let you know that I added only a tiny bit of cheese and left the sour cream off. I also added just a touch of Light Ranch.
Barbecue Baked Potato | No Thanks to Cake
- 4 6-oz. baking potatoes
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded barbecue chicken (such as Lloyd’s)
- ½ cup reduced fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pierce potato with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in the microwave. Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap (do not allow plastic wrap to touch food.) Remove potatoes from the microwave; place chicken in the microwave. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Slice potato lengthwise, cutting to but not through to the other side. Fluff with fork. Top each potato evenly with chicken, sour cream, onions, and cheese.