It’s St. Patrick’s Day! It only makes sense that I share a green recipe today. Since I’ve already shared my version of a Healthy Shamrock Shake and a delicious take on Colcannon, I thought I’d select another an all-American dish that’s full of green with tons of flavor.
I love TOTS, especially those of the veggie variety. I’ve made cauliflower tots in the past, and had to try it with broccoli. And, this dish is made even easier now that Trader Joe’s is selling minced broccoli by the bag.
Baked Broccoli Tots
Adapted from Gimme Delicious
Makes 20 tots
2 cups riced broccoli
1 large egg
¼ cup diced yellow onion
⅓ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. parsley
½ tsp. salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a mini muffin pan with a thin layer of cooking spray and set aside.
2. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
3. Mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
4. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a mini ice-cream scoop or your hands and gently press into a mini muffin pan.
5. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 22-26 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with reduced sugar ketchup, sriracha, ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce!
Per 5 tots (approximately 1/4 recipe):
CAL 117; FAT 4g; SAT FAT 1g; CARBS 15g; PROT 7g; SUG 2g; FIB 2g
WW Points+: 3; WW Smart Points: 3