I’m a huge fan of the Jenny Craig Chicken Burrito. Have you guys tried it? It’s filling and cooks up in less than two minutes when you’re hungry at lunch time. I prefer a beanless burrito, and this lunch entree is beans-free, which also makes me happy.
What makes me even happier is the ability to bulk up this burrito in a very big way.
The burrito itself is sort of small, but the filling is wrapped in an ENORMOUS tortilla… just waiting to be stuffed with veggies, which is exactly what I did! Note: You might see a peek at a Mexican cauliflower rice in the pictures… but it didn’t come out as good as I’d like. So, it remains a work in progress, and I’ll share that when it’s a recommended recipe.
In the meantime, make this burrito… you’re going to be floored!
Stuffed Chicken Fajita Burrito with Green Chile
4 mini bell peppers, seeded and sliced
1/4 small red onion, sliced
1/4 cup green chile sauce
2 grape tomatoes, sliced
a dash of ground cumin
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Saute your peppers and onions in a saute pan, prepared with cooking spray. Cook until lightly caramelized, and sprinkle with a dash of ground cumin.
3. Meanwhile, cook the Jenny Craig burrito in the microwave for 1 minute wrapped in a paper towel. Remove immediately, and unroll the burrito.
4. Place your sauteed vegetables and the stuffing from the burrito in a small bowl and stir to combine.
5. Add the filling back into the tortilla, and wrap it up again.
6. Place your burrito in an oven-safe dish, prepared with cooking spray. Top with green chile (or your favorite salsa). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before enjoying. Garnish with tomato slices, if desired.
To see my full library of Jenny Craig Volumizing recipes, click here.
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand