Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I went out to dinner with my friend Erin recently. She and I love to see musicals, and often find a nearby restaurant to dine at before the show. During our most recent show, we went to Osteria Marco — a Denver fave. If you’re ever in town, seriously, try this place….
While I loved the salad I had for dinner that night, I have to tell you that my all-time favorite dish that they serve is a Fig Proscuitto pizza. It’s topped with arugula and it’s the star of most of my pizza dreams. Long time readers, you might remember my attempt to recreate the recipe that I posted years back.
The flavor combination is just epic… and it’s time once again for a tribute to this decadent pizza.
I paired Jenny Craig’s ham baguette with a smear of sweet, sticky fig jam and peppery arugula to take this sandwich to the next level.
Note: If you’re on the Jenny Craig Classic program, please be sure to count the fig jam as 1 limited free addition.
Also, I include instructions below on how to prepare this meal using an air fryer, here’s a link to the one that I use. I use it nearly every day. I highly recommend it!
Toasted Fig & Arugula Ham Baguette | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Ham & Swiss Baguette
- 1/2 Tbsp. fig preserves
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh arugula
- cooking spray (for oven preparation only)
- Wrap your sandwich in a paper towel and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds. This will loosen the cheese and ham from the bun so you can begin assembling.
- Remove the ham and place the cheese on the side of the bun already prepared with mayonnaise. Spread the fig jam on the other half of the bread, and top with onion slices.
- Place the ham on top of the onions and get ready to toast.Airfryer Method: Load into your air fryer. Note: If your air fryer tends blow around lightweight items (most do), reassemble the sandwich allowing the bread to anchor the toppings from movement. Cook for 8 minutes at 370 degrees and remove using a spatula. The cheese becomes bubbly and the ham gets a bit broiled and crispy (reminiscent of bacon.)Conventional Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place your sandwich on a baking sheet prepared with cooking spray. Cook for 13-15 minutes until your cheese bubbles up and the bread becomes toasted.
- Top with arugula, and assemble the sandwich. Allow the sandwich to cool for a few minutes before eating as the jam will be super hot from toasting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.