After such a busy week last week and trying to get settled back into a routine, I was excited to get back in the kitchen.
For some reason, I’ve been craving avocado. While I’d love to be eating it with a basket of chips in the form of guacamole, I also love avocado paired with burgers and a little bacon. So, in typical NTTC fashion, I decided to experiment a little and this is what I came up with!
Avocado-Bacon Stuffed Burgers
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
3 pieces bacon
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Add your beef and onion to a small bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce and combine. Add salt and pepper to season.
2. Mash your avocado in a small bowl. Add salt to season. Chop bacon into small pieces.
3. Divide meat into 4 parts. Take one section and form it into a patty (about 2 oz.) Top burger with 1/2 of the avocado mash and 1/2 of the chopped bacon.
4. Form another burger out of another 2 oz. section of the meat mixture. Cover the 1st burger and avocado-bacon mixture, sealing the edges. Note: The avocado was bursting through my stuffed burger, but this did not in any way impact the flavor!
5. Lightly salt and pepper the burgers on each side, and grill until done.
6. Serve the burger on a bun smeared with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss, tomatoes, and spinach. Note: I also paired the burger with an amazing arugula-tomato-avocado salad tossed in Kristo’s Cranberry-Pear Balsamic Vinegar and olive oil.
Per 1/2 recipe serving (no bun, no cheese):
CAL 325; CARB 11g; FAT 20g; PROT 30g; FIB 8g; WW Points Plus: 8
The Laughing Cow® provided me with product for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.