Ever make a dish that has SO MUCH more flavor than you ever thought it would?? Yep, that was this dish for me.
After LaDawn and Dana tried it last month and told me how tasty it was, I knew that this recipe was going to be the next one for me to try from my quarterly Weight Watchers cookbook.
The dish itself is incredibly easy to make. Just a few ingredients, and you’re ready to go. The most interesting of the bunch is the pepper jelly. It was my first time to use it, but most certainly not the last. I didn’t see jalapeno jelly at my grocery store, but found hot red pepper jelly that worked really well. Combined with the garlic, it created a sweet sticky glaze that was awesome. The cilantro-cream cheese mixture on the inside of the chicken added a flavor punch as well. I’ll definitely make this recipe again… and was really impressed with this Weight Watchers creation.
Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Chicken
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Chicken Recipes
1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
2 large garlic cloves, minced
4 oz. tub-style 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
4 (4-oz) boneless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2. Place jelly and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until jelly melts, stirring after 30 seconds.
3. Combine cream cheese and cilantro in another bowl. Note: I used Laughing Cow cheese in place of the cream cheese.
4. Cut a horizontal slit through chicken portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture in each pocket. Close openings with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Note: I used thinly sliced chicken breasts and just rolled the chicken up, as opposed to cutting the slit.
5. Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan, skinned sides down. Cook 4 minutes.
6. Turn chicken over; brush with jelly mixture.
7. Place pan in oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until done, basting with jelly mixture in skillet after 7 minutes. Remove pan from oven and remove chicken from the pan. Add 2 Tbsp. water to pan, stirring with a whisk to deglaze pan.
8. Remove and discard wooden picks. Place chicken on serving plates. Spoon pan sauce over chicken.
Per 1 chicken breast with 1 Tbsp. sauce:
CAL 357; CARB 22g; FAT 12g; PROT 39g; FIB 0.1g;
WW Points+: 9; WW Smart Points: