Have you ever heard people say that if you eat a lot of orange vegetables, eventually your skin can take on an orange hue? I’m a little concerned I may be approaching that stage with the amount of carrots I’ve been eating in quarantine.
Epic scene from Bride Wars, btw… I need to add that to my list of movies to watch.
The recipe I’m using for carrots is really so incredibly simple, I have a hard time calling it a recipe. I do know that a lot of you have been asking what I’m doing to mash carrots. Or how did I make those carrots I’m posting all the time, so I’ll share my secret with you today.
It’s ridiculously simple. Perhaps the most simple recipe I’ve ever posted: Two-Ingredient Crockpot Carrots.
When I just want simple carrots, I just use the two ingredients listed below. I have, however, also spiced them up from time to time. Here’s a few ideas:
- Add a few shakes of The Spice Guy’s Roasted Garlic Blend
- Sprinkle in one of the many spice blends you have in your cabinet (you know the ones I’m talking about)
- Top them off with thai chili sauce
- Switch up the broth and add a sprig of fresh herbs
- Season with a little ranch dressing powder
Enjoy these carrots with all your favorite meals. Here’s a few that I’ve whipped up in recent days. They really pair with just about anything!
Two-Ingredient Crockpot Carrots | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 cup reduced sodium broth
- Place carrots and broth in a crockpot
- Slow cook carrots for 4-6 hours on low, until carrots are really tender. Use a fork to test them, and cook a little past fork-tender for the best carrots.