I’m guessing that there are quite a few of you out there that are just bursting with excitement for September, and mostly for all things FALL.
While I don’t enjoy the pumpkin spice latte craze, I do love the fact that fall brings warm crockpot stews and soups back to the table, which is exactly what inspired today’s recipe!
I love taco soup, and I knew there had to be a way for me to make one of my favorite soups while staying 100% on track on the Jenny Craig program.
Note: If you’re not on the Jenny Craig program, see my original taco soup recipe here.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Spiralized Taco Soup | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Classic Cheeseburger
- ¾ cup canned diced tomatoes, Mexican style
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp. ranch dressing mix powder
- 1 dash ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup onion, spiralized
- ½ cup bell pepper, spiralized
- 2 roasted hatch chiles, sliced (optional)
- cooking spray
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Separate the parts of the cheeseburger, removing the bun and the cheese from the burger. Cook your burger on a small plate in the microwave for 60 seconds and set aside.
- In a sauce pan prepared with cooking spray, saute the onions and peppers until they are tender, about 5 minutes stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, chop the burger you warmed in the microwave and add it to the pan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, and spices to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer for 8 minutes to allow for flavors to combine.
- Chop the cheese you set aside earlier, as you’ll use it for a topping. Also finely chop some cilantro as well for garnish. Pour soup into a medium bowl and top with cheese and cilantro. Cheese will melt with the warmth of the soup. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand