Jicama was my new veggie for 2017. I’d never had it, and I quickly became a HUGE fan. Maybe you remember my jicama taco shells?? Incredible alternative, and carb-free!
I tried jicama for the first time when I was in Chicago with my friend Laurel, and she shared that she’d been interested in trying jicama made into fries. Um, veggie fries that are guilt-free? Count me in!
Jicama naturally has a crispness to it. When you spiralize it and roast it, it retains a little bit of the crunch with some great caramelized flavor.
I served my fries with reduced sugar ketchup… and 15 calorie favorite.
Baked Spiralized Jicama Fries | No Thanks to Cake
- cooking spray
- 1 large jicama
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay out your jicama noodles and snip them with a scissor to divide into smaller sized noodles, similar to shoestring fries.
- Prepare your cooking sheet with cooking spray. Spread your jicama fries onto the sheet, and spray them lightly with a coat of cooking spray. Season with a generous amount of salt and then evenly season with onion powder, cayenne pepper and chili powder. Toss again to combine and then lay them out, trying hard not to crowd them.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, turn over and bake another 10 minutes or until they reach your doneness preference. Keep an eye on them, and cook longer/shorter as needed per your oven.
- Serve and enjoy!