This recipe is ALL OVER THE INTERNET. I’ve seen it on Instagram, I’ve seen it posted by my favorite bloggers. It’s all over Pinterest. What’s all the hype about it??
It’s one of the many recipes from Skinnytaste’s new Fast and Slow Cookbook!
I pre-ordered a copy of this amazing new book from Gina Homolka… and, you guys, there are SO MANY recipes in the book that I want to try. From the Hawaiian Pork Tacos to the Sesame Roasted Cabbage Steaks. EVERYTHING sounds amazing to me!
Just the same, this recipe kept popping up on the web, and I thought I needed to try it first. Don’t be too surprised to hear that I added some extra veggies to the bowl, and it was so so good! Thanks, Gina, for another incredible cookbook to keep us all on track!
Egg Roll Bowls
From Skinnytaste Fast and Slow
7 oz. ground pork
3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
2 1/2 cups finely sliced napa cabbage
2 cups finely sliced baby boo choy
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup sliced snow peas
1/2 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 medium scallion, sliced for garnish
1 Tbsp. peanuts, for garnish (optional)
Sriracha, to taste
1. Set a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add the pork and 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce. Cook, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small pieces as it browns, about 3 minutes.
2. Drain meat, and place in a food processor to pulse.
3. Return the meat to the skillet. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and cook, stirring until the vegetables are soft, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage, bok choy, carrots, and snow peas. Pour in the remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, the rice wine, and sesame oil.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage and bok choy are wilted but still crunchy, 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve hot, garnished with scallions and peanuts (if desired). Add sriracha to taste.
Per a 1 1/2 generous cup serving (without peanuts or sriracha):
CAL 347; FAT 23g; SAT FAT 8g; CARBS 14g; PROT 22g; FIB 4g; SUG 5g
WW Points+: 7; WW Smart Points: 10