You guys. This recipe. I have a feeling it could be habit-forming. Consider that your warning…
If you like Mexican food and have a Jenny Craig Southwestern Chicken Fajita Bowl in your freezer, you’re in luck. Not only does this recipe transform this meal into a flavorful and filling stuffed Mexican pepper recipe, but it also is loaded up with spiralized veggies and did I mention, queso?
And.. for those of you not on the Jenny Craig program, try this non-JC recipe here… and get ready to fall in love with it!!
Queso-Topped Stuffed Poblano Peppers
2 poblano peppers
1/2 onion, spiralized
1 small red pepper, spiralized
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Spicy Pepperjack flavor
2 Tbsp. salsa – I used this
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut into each poblano lengthwise, cutting a T at the top of the pepper, per the picture below. Begin the cooking process with your peppers in a baking dish, prepared with cooking spray for about 10 minutes. Remove to cool.
2. Spiralize your onion and peppers. Chop them slightly, so that it’s not all one big noodle.
3. Saute your onions and peppers in a non-stick pan, prepared with cooking spray. Cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. While your veggies are cooking, prepare your Jenny Craig fajita bowl, per package instructions.
4. Move your veggies to a small bowl. Add your Jenny Craig meal + 1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese. Combine well.
5. Stuff each pepper to the brim with the veggie mixture. Place peppers back in the cooking dish and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Remove peppers from the oven and to a small plate.
7. In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. salsa and 1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Microwave for 45 seconds, and whisk the mixture until smooth. See my original queso recipe here!
8. Drizzle “queso” over peppers and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.