I come from a garlic-lovin’ family. We always seem to add a little more than the average person might add to a dish, and we love it that way.
When Uproot Kitchen posted a super simple chicken recipe and labeled it as garlicky, I had to try it!
I was in the process of making a mediterranean quinoa salad – recipe here – and I needed some protein to go with in. And, honestly, I wanted a simple recipe. Just a few ingredients. Not prep-intensive… and this recipe, well, it’s my new favorite baked chicken recipe.
It’s simple, bakes up quickly, and has just the right amount of garlic for this garlic lover. Try it, y’all!
Baked Garlic Chicken
From Uproot Kitchen
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Note: I paired the recipe down to a single serving, as you’ll see in pictures below. The recipe ingredients will serve 4, however.
2. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
3. Place chicken breasts in a greased baking pan and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on both sides of the breasts.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees and the inner breasts are no longer pink.
5. Loosely cover the baking dish with foil and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.