I spent the weekend getting my head back on straight.
I think this happens to everyone from time to time, and for a variety of reasons. Maybe you’re not cleaning up after yourself well… so you need to get back to picking up your mess. Or, maybe it’s getting back to the gym on a regular basis. Taking time to shake it off is important, and that’s exactly what I did this weekend.
I don’t think I could be set up more for success in the upcoming week when it comes to healthy eating. I’ve been to Jenny Craig to pick up food. I’ve been to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities, and I killed it at the farmers’ market picking up so many veggies to enjoy this week.
One of the veggies I picked up this week was shishito peppers. While this isn’t the first time I’ve cooked with them, I am quickly remembering why I love them and why they should be a staple in my fridge moving forward!
I actually broiled these bad boys… which is super fast and cooked them to perfection. The perfect appetizer for my Jenny-friendly dinner (I’ll share more details of that later in the week).
Roasted Shishitos with Mustardy Sriracha Yogurt Sauce | No Thanks to Cake
- 10 shishito peppers
- cooking spray
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees.
- Place peppers on a cooking sheet prepared with cooking spray. Spray them with a light coat of cooking spray as well.
- Broil for 7-9 minutes, keeping an eye on the peppers to assure they don’t burn. They should definitely bubble and broil.
- Meanwhile, mix the sauce in a small bowl.
- Measure out 2 Tbsp. sauce, and serve it with the peppers for dipping. Store the rest and use it for subsequent servings in the days ahead.