I know that food should be pretty. I’ve learned that over the years. Whether I’m eating Jenny Craig food plated on pretty Fiestaware or dining at my favorite restaurant, the way I present my food DEFINITELY impacts my opinion of the dish.
This weekend, I made something that was JUST beautiful. And, it was JUST vegetables.
Using some of my favorite ingredients and some inspiration from Instagram, pulled together this amazing breakfast! Simple simple ingredients, bright colors and such great flavor… enjoy!
Sweet Potato Avocado Toast
2 slices of sweet potato, 1/4″ thick
1/2 small avocado
2 slices tomato
fresh cracked pepper
1. Slice your sweet potato lengthwise using a mandolin or a knife. Note: I’d recommend peeling your sweet potato before slicing and cooking. In subsequent batches, I’ve peeled the sweet potato and much prefer it that way!
2. Peel and slice your avocado. I sliced a quarter of the avocado thinly and ended up mashing the other quarter for some variety.
3. Slice your tomato, and grill in a skillet prepared with cooking spray.
3. Pop your sweet potato toast in the toaster. Toast on high 3-4 times until done.
4. Remove to a plate and begin to top them: Sliced avocados on one, mashed avocado with grilled tomato on the other. Garnish with sea salt, cracked pepper, and chives.