Local Colorado brands have quickly become some of my favorites since I’ve started my healthy journey. I also love that being involved in the blogger community has allowed me to be introduced to so many new companies based here in my state, including Rice Family Honey out of Greeley, Colorado.
This care package showed up last week, and I was thrilled to have not one, but three new honey flavors to try! Thanks, Rice Family Honey!
While I’m certain I’ll end up using the honey drizzled on bagels with PB2 and on Manchego cheese (my favorite!), I decided to make a sweet yet savory snack recipe that I could take on my trip later this week. This is what I came up with…
These nuts are a LITTLE too good, if you know what I mean. After munching on about a serving and a half, I put these in ziploc snack bags to portion them out… and hopefully control my snacking. I’m thinking I may make these for Father’s Day and send them to the dads in my life. So delish!
Honey Mustard Roasted Cashews
From Well Plated
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp. ground dried mustard
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cups raw whole cashews
1. Place a rack in the center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, mustard, salt, and paprika.
3. Add cashews and fold gently until all of the cashews are evenly coated.
4. Spread the nuts into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 13-18 minutes, tossing the nuts at the 5 minute intervals to ensure they cooked evenly. Check frequently starting at the 10-minute mark to ensure the nuts do not burn.
6. Remove from oven and cool.
Per 1/4 cup serving:
CAL 224; FAT 14g; SAT FAT 3g; CARBS 18g; PROT 7g; FIB 1g; SUG 11g
WW Points+: 6; WW Smart Points: 8
Disclaimer: I received a free product sample from Rice Family Honey; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.