Years ago, when I first moved to Colorado, there was a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant in Boulder that I loved to go to. It has since closed, but I still remember the broccoli burrito I used to get there. And, it’s that burrito that inspired this dish today.
I know what you’re thinking. Broccoli in a burrito doesn’t sound like what you’d get at a Mexican restaurant. I know, but it REALLY hits the spot. The little restaurant in Boulder I used to love served their burrito just like this one: stuffed with bright green broccoli and topped with tasty green chile. Yum!!!
Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Burrito
1 cup broccoli, steamed and drained
5 Tbsp. green chile salsa – I used 505 green chile.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Steam your broccoli, chopping into small pieces. Drain and combine in a bowl with 2 Tbsp. green chile.
3. Cook your Jenny Craig Burrito for 45 seconds in the microwave on a small plate. Carefully unwrap the burrito, taking care not to rip the tortilla.
4. Add your broccoli to the burrito.
6. Re-wrap your burrito, folding in the sides and rolling into a burrito shape. Place on a cookie sheet, prepared with cooking spray.
7. Top with remaining green chile, and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese on the inside has melted and the outside of the burrito toasts slightly.
8. Remove from the oven. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.