Ok, this is DEFINITELY a Pinterest idea. And, maybe I even saw it in a Popsugar article on Facebook.
Have you ever cooked pasta in red wine? Well, I have now…
Red wine is a liquid, right? So, why NOT cook your pasta in it? I followed the recipe online from The Italian Dish (link below) and as usual, I modified it a little… but I tried to keep it true to her recipe, because I wanted to have AMAZING wine pasta, afterall.
The verdict: It was GOOD! It came out with an intriguing flavor, was super filling, and did you see the color?? To all my wine lovers… you should give it a shot!
Adapted from The Italian Dish
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/8 tsp. red hot chili pepper
1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp. red wine
2 oz. spaghetti
pinch of salt
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for cooking time prescribed on the packaging, minus 3 minutes. Drain pasta and set to the side.
3. In a small skillet prepared with cooking spray, cook garlic and chili pepper on low heat. Gently cook about 2 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic burn. Add the red wine. Increase the heat to medium.
4. Add pasta to the skillet, tossing in the wine with tongs until wine is absorbed and pasta is cooked, about 3 more minutes. Test pasta for doneness. Taste for salt and add what you feel it needs.
5. Toss with the parsley and serve.