Preparing for the arrival of Winter Storm Kayla this week, I felt the need to fire up the crockpot. There’s NOTHING like a warm bowl of soup when the snow is falling outside. Best eaten in front of the fireplace, under a blanket with fuzzy socks on.
See how I weather a winter storm?
This soup totally hit the spot. Rich with veggies and hearty with beef and beef stock, this soup throws together in no time and is the perfect comfort food on a cold winter night.
I portioned out the soup and even popped a few cups in the freezer for a later meal. Excited to enjoy the leftovers this week, and to have more to savor in future weeks!
Slow Cooker Beef Tomato Acini de Pepe Soup
1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
28 oz. can diced tomatoes
32 oz. beef stock
2 bay leaves
4 oz small pasta, such as Acini di pepe
grated parmesan cheese, optional
1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the beef and salt on high heat until browned, breaking the meat up into small bits.
2. Add the onion, celery and carrots and saute 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Transfer to the slow cooker along with the tomatoes, stock and bay leaf, cover and cook low 8 hours.
4. Just before you’re ready to serve the soup, cook the pasta on the stove according to package directions. Add the pasta, stir and cook according to package directions. Add to the crockpot and stir to combine.
5. Serve with a bit of parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Per Generous 1 Cup Serving:
CAL 249; FAT 8g; CARBS 23g; PROT 21g; FIB 3g; SUG 4g
WW Points+: 6; WW Smart Points: 5