It’s always this time of year… where my publishing of healthy recipes flies out the window.
Why? Well, it’s the holidays, and mostly, I typically eat really strictly on plan right before the holidays with very little deviation. The main reason for eating on plan during the holiday season: It’s easy that way!!
I’m usually running from place to place as the year comes to an end. Working in sales and having a family to shop for half way across the country… I rarely have a moment to catch my breath.
So, during this time of year, I’m only making a few things. An occasional appetizer that I’m taking to a party or sweet treats for my grandpa. You can guess which category this falls into…
I promise, as the new year turns over… we’ll be back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Yes, the old Guy is going to love this one. And, he’s not the only one who benefitted from this batch… I made enough for my dad to receive a batch, my masseuse, and my friend Anita!
The key to making a scrumptious treat like this (for me)… continues to be getting it out of my house. I hustled to the post office on Saturday and got these goodies in transit! In record time, my dad received his batch yesterday and gave two enthusiastic thumbs up!
Buckeye Chex Mix
From Glued to My Crafts
6 cups Chocolate Chex mix
1 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
2 bags Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
1 cup M&M’s
1. In a large bowl, mix together your cereal and hazelnuts. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt together your peanut butter, brown sugar and butter, until slightly boiling.
3. Pour mixture over your cereal and mix well until everything is well coated.
4. Place bowl in fridge for ten minutes, so mixture can cool down.
5. Once cool, pull bowl out of fridge. Stir in Reeses peanut butter cups and M&M’s. Note: I added holiday M&Ms after receiving a candy cane of M&Ms as part of a Christmas present.
6. Store in air tight container.
7. Ship to your loved ones!