For as long as I can remember, I’ve spent my summers eating an incredible amount of cucumber-tomato salad. My mom used to make it when we were little quite often… because it was a total crowd pleaser.
To this day, this salad is one that makes me really happy.
Mostly, you just need fresh cucumbers and tomatoes… and you’re in for a treat. I recommend this recipe, but with tomatoes and cukes… you’re all set.
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 basil leaves, cut chiffonade-style
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and basil to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow for flavors to combine well. Serve and enjoy!