Things have been crazy, but I’ve been doing my best to stay on top of things. Birthdays, holidays, gifts… I’ve been super behind on all of this. I blame the fact that the website I used to use to remind me of birthdays and anniversaries went out of business… but in reality, I’m just doing the best I can.
Example: I baked these cookies for my grandpa on Father’s Day.
Normally, I’d have these cookies packed up and shipped the weekend before Father’s Day… but this year, they were totally late. I did talk to my Gramps later in the week though, and he certainly didn’t mind. He moreso just loved the deliciousness of these chewy cookies. Seriously, if you love peanut butter cookies, these are incredible!
The Best Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 24 large cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter, sugars, and peanut butter in mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
3. Add vanilla and egg. Mix to combine.
4. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Dough will be pellet like and thick.
5. Scoop dough onto silicone lined baking sheets. Note: I use Silpat sheets. Love them!
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until just set. Allow cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
CAL 133; CARB 16g; FAT 7g; SAT FAT 3g; PROT 2g; FIB 1g; SUG 9g
WW Points+: 4; WW Smart Points: 6