I’ve been playing with my cauliflower again. This week, I made another whole roasted cauliflower, with full intention of pulverizing that bad bowl to make “rice.”
This cauliflower “rice” concept has been out there for a long time… much adored by my paleo friends and those looking to cut back on carbs. I fall into neither of those categories, but as a recent cauliflower fanatic, I’ve been wanting to experiment more with this tasty veg. I’ve made Cilantro Lime Cauliflower once, but this is my first attempt at the Asian version… and it is fantastic!
My recipes that I post are not for art… they’re not for recipe development. They’re to feed me!!
So, my ingredient pics may not always match up exactly, but I promise what I include in the recipe is what I used. And, often times, when I’m cooking… I’m digging in the cupboards, fridge, and freezer looking for ingredients. This recipe was JUST like that. It’s got everything in my freezer in it… and it came out so good!!
Cauliflower Fried Rice | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower, minced
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup frozen edamame
- ½ cup fresh broccoli, steamed
- ¼ cup frozen carrots
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. soy sauce, reduced sodium
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- cooking spray
- Pulverize your cooked cauliflower in a food processor until you reach a rice consistency. Note: I used a whole roasted cauliflower to make my rice.
- Add your onions and garlic to a large skillet prepared with cooking spray. Beat your egg in a small dish and add it to the skillet as well. Stir often, scrambling the egg and chopping into small bits with a large spoon. Cook until egg is scrambled and prepared, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger to the skillet, and saute for another 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to season the vegetables.
- Add 1 cup of cauliflower “rice.” Cooking time will vary with this step depending upon if your rice was chilled like mine. 1-2 minutes should warm it up, no problem!
- Serve and enjoy!