I love this recipe. Another amazing Pinterest find, I made it just a few days after I found it!
It combines one of my favorite vegetables – green beans – with lean ground turkey. Uh-mazing! The flavors remind me a lot of those yummy chicken lettuce wraps at PF Changs, but with extra veggies! Speaking of extra veggies, I doubled the green beans (adding a full pound!) in the dish to add extra volume and color.
Try this dish… it’s delicious and cooks up in no time!
Chinese Green Beans with Ground Turkey
Adapted from The Weary Cook
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/3 large onion, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1/2 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. crushed ginger
1 lb. washed and trimmed green beans (or Chinese long beans if available)
1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1. Add sesame oil, and sauté onions and garlic for about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in ground turkey and sauté 3-5 minutes, until meat is mostly cooked. Crumble meat as much as possible.
3. Stir in chili garlic sauce, hoisin sauce, and ginger.
4. Add green beans and soy sauce, and stir to coat.
5. Continue cooking over high heat for 7-9 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until beans are slightly tender.
6. Stir in rice vinegar and soy sauce, and cook one minute longer. If desired, serve over cooked rice or quinoa.
Per 1/2 recipe serving:
CAL 245; CARB 23g; FAT 5g; SAT FAT 1g; PROT 31g; FIB 8g; SUG 7g
WW Points Plus: 6; WW Smart Points: 5