When 4th of July rolled around and Tiffany asked me to bring a dish to her cookout, I knew that I wanted to bring dessert. Any chance to put together a healthier, yet decadent dessert… I’m in.
This dessert is one my mom used to make when I was little. Surprisingly, being the pickiest human on the planet… I loved it from a young age! Cool whip, mocha mousse, and fluffy lady finger cookies make the most perfect dessert!
This was a delicious trip down memory lane and a fluffy light way to enjoy a sweet treat. Enjoy!
Mocha Icebox Dessert
16 large marshmallows
6 Tbsp. hot water
2 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. butter
3/4 tsp. instant coffee – I used Starbucks Via
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 containers thawed Cool Whip Light
1 (3 oz.) pkg. lady finger cookies
1/4 tsp. salt
Chocolate Curls, for garnish
1. Heat marshmallows, water, cocoa, butter, coffee, and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat. Let stand until thickened.
2. Combine 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip, 1/4 tsp. vanilla, and marshmallow-cocoa mixture. Fold until combined.
3. Line bottom and sides of ungreased baking dish 8 x 8 x 2 with ladyfingers.
4. Spread marshmallow mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Cover and refrigerate until set about 5 hours.
5. Combine 2 cups Cool Whip with 1/4 tsp. vanilla. Spread on top of the pudding dish. Top with chocolate curls created with a vegetable peeler and chocolate bar at room temperature.
Per 1/9th recipe:
CAL 268; CARB 44g; FAT 9g; SAT FAT 8g; PROT 2g; FIB 0g; SUG 22g
WW Points Plus: 7; WW Smart Points: 13