It seems like every time I travel to Montelucia, I come home inspired to cook something new. This trip was not an exception!
On Sunday morning, I stopped by Crave Cafe to pick up some breakfast before my workout. While I had fully intended on going with a bagel, the lady at the counter told me about the new Banana Nutella Scones they had, and I knew I had to try them.
To say that this was the best scone I’d ever eaten was an understatement. It was loaded up with banana chunks and lacked that crumbly texture that comes with most scones. Instead, it was biscuit-like and moist. So incredible and the perfect fuel for my workout!
Since I’ve been home, I’ve wanted to make an attempt to recreate them… and I got the recipe JUST right on Saturday morning!
While my version is much smaller than its original inspiration, the flavor was just perfect, as was the moist texture. To me, they almost taste more like a banana nutella biscuit than a scone… but in the most delicious of ways!
Banana Nutella Scones
Inspired by Montelucia
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
2 Tbsp. skim milk
1/2 banana, ripe
2 Tbsp. Nutella (or 2 mini cups)
4 Tbsp. flour
2 tsp. turbinado sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix Bisquick mix and milk.
3. Add your Nutella and banana and mix to combine.
4. Add flour to thicken the dough. Note: My dough was too sticky, so I added flour until it hit the right consistency.
5. Add a dust of flour and lightly knead the dough 5-8 times.
6. Divide the dough into 4 pieces, and roll each in the turbinado sugar. Place each scone on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes, but serve warm. DELICIOUS!
Per 1 scone serving:
CAL 141; CARB 26g; FAT 4g; PROT 3g; FIB 1g; WW Points Plus: 4