My friend Robin visited the weekend before I left for SFO, and knowing that she had been confined to hotel living for a while… I decided to make her a home cooked meal.
I went for an old favorite in my house: Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs. Truth be told, I think this is the BEST marinade recipe I’ve ever had… and every time I make it, people sort of freak out on it. Because it’s that good. Here’s your chance to try it.
Know that the recipe itself came from my gram, who celebrated a birthday this week… We sure to miss her. Check out how fabulous she is here below. Speaking of a Rockstar…
This recipe is best if you let the meat and veggies marinate, per the instructions. Typically, I enjoy using steak even more than chicken, but both are fantastic and highly recommended. As for veggies, you can really use so many different ones: I used peppers, sweet vidalia onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes; however, I know that zucchini and squash are nice adds as well. Get CREATIVE!
Gram's Kabob Marinade | No Thanks to Cake
- ½ cup cup canola oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. dried mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour marinade over steak/chicken and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Note: Store the extra marinade in a salad dressing container for ease of use in the future. You’re going to want to use it!
- In a separate bag, marinate the vegetables for about 6-8 hours.
- Skewer and grill until done. Note: I grill the meat together on skewers and all the veggies on other skewers. This allows you to cook the meat to the proper temperature without over/under cooking the veggies.