Yesterday was one of those days that I wouldn’t exactly call productive.
I did some grocery shopping and laundry, but other than that there was a lot of time spent on the couch and a little too much time spent in the bed…
I’ll also say that coming back from the holidays is NOT the easiest. Meaning, I’ve had a few bites of fudge and eaten Beth’s famous braciole. I even ate biscuits and gravy on this trip home! Admittedly, I’ve crossed over to the dark side temporarily, but I’m home safe now.
The best way for me to get back on track is to get together a plan of action – – and make sure I have plenty of healthy snacks on hand! While I did VERY little yesterday, I knew I needed to peel myself off the couch and get my butt to the grocery store. I think I have a LOT of good ingredients for healthy eating this week. So, I’m giving you an exclusive peek!
Inside the Fridge
- Honeycrisp Apples – Is there a better apple out there? I think not!
- Reduced Fat Buttermilk – You should see this guy featured in a WW recipe over the next few days. Stay tuned!
- Skim Milk – A staple – – A girl needs her calcium!
- Brita Water Pitcher – Another staple. It’s been in my fridge since college. Seriously.
- Marinating Chicken – I’m going to grill this chicken up for salad lunches over the next few days. I have it marinating in Fat Free Italian Dressing — Yum-o!
- Very old Red Bull – From my housewarming party 2.5 years ago. Do you think it’s expired? (Throwing it out immediately)
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray – Great alternative to butter, and delish on Mashed Cauliflower!
- Cherub Grape Tomatoes – I bought these for salad, but I bet they get eaten before they ever swim amongst lettuce.
- Roasted Garlic – Because it’s the best and is added to everything I eat.
- My Favorite Veggie Dip – I’ve posted the recipe here. It’s my go-to for veggies and dip!
- Israeli Vegetable Salad – I found this recipe for a tasty cucumber and tomato pico de gallo-like salad on Pinterest and made it tonight. So tasty! Planning to eat it with that marinated chicken I mentioned above.
- Sugar-Free Jello and Natural Applesauce cups – Again, great handy snacks.
- Laughing Cow Cheese – Excessive amounts in the drawer, but you REALLY need all flavors on hand at all times, don’t you??
- Thomas 100 Calorie Multi-grain English Muffins – This sounded like a fun alternative for breakfast.
- Cut Cauliflower and Cucumbers – These are for that veggie dip. I’ve already enjoyed some tonight!
- Crockpot Ready to Fire Up This Morning- I pre-prepped my dinner for tonight. I’ll add a few ingredients this morning and then voila! This is an old fave WW recipe. Stay tuned for details….
- Diet Sodas – I rarely drink them, but they’re there….
- Onions – Again, they go in everything.
- Tomatoes – Because I always have good intentions with salads, even though most are just butter lettuce and dressing.
- Brussels Sprouts – For roasting this week.
- Butter Lettuce – I bought 2 bags because I love it so.
- English Cucumbers – If you love cucumbers, try Costco. Their prices are so great on the English variety!
With all these healthy options on hand, I know that I’ve set myself up for success and I’m planning to bounce back nicely from the holidays. I’ve got my eyes set on my 75 lb. reward, which hopefully will be here in time for my birthday next week!
QUESTION: What’s in your fridge these days? What do you need to get back on track post-holidays?