True Story: I tried pumpkin for the first time last year. Yep.
You don’t become the “pickiest human” by trying all the foods along the way… and pumpkin is just one of a long list of foods that I haven’t ever tried. Someday, I may share a bigger list of these foods. I text back and forth with a friend last week about it and she found it fascinating… so, who knows? It could happen. Although, you’d have to promise me that you wouldn’t take me through a round of “try it, you’ll like it.” Hmmm….
So, I’m a fan of pumpkin treats, and it seems like I’m EVEN MORE into them this year than last year! I whipped up these pancakes last weekend, and they are seriously AMAZING.
These pancakes are INCREDIBLE. Spicy, fluffy, filling… You can’t go wrong with them. I also love that they don’t have eggs in them. I don’t usually have eggs in my fridge unless I’m baking… so, an egg-free pancake is the best. Especially when it tastes like this!
Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
just under 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
pinch of stevia
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. skim milk
1/2 tsp. white vinegar
level 1/4 cup plus 4 tbsp pumpkin
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. In a separate bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients.
2. Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir together to form a batter.
3. Lightly grease a skillet, then place the skillet over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour your batter onto your pan. Note: I used my favorite pancake pan – The Perfect Pancake Pan!
4. Flip pancakes, when the edges begin to look dry. Allow to cook one minute longer, then remove from heat.
5. Top with sugar-free maple syrup (optional) and ENJOY!! Makes about 5 pancakes.
Per 1/2 entire recipe serving:
CAL 165; CARB 33g; FAT 1g; SAT FAT 1g; PROT 7g; FIB 4g; SUG 4g
WW Points Plus: 4; WW Smart Points: 5