My friends at Laughing Cow Cheese sent me another delightful package of their cheese recently and challenged me to come up with a yummy snack to share with you all.
Their timing couldn’t have been better because their cheese arrived the same day that I received my very first Mile High Organics delivery. I had ordered sunchokes (aka Jerusalem Artichokes) for the first time as part of the delivery. I decided to see what they tasted like made into chips.
[pinterest]These chips are INCREDIBLY easy to make, and remind me a lot of those super-tasty Terra chips. I checked the ingredients on those chips and was surprised to see that sunchokes weren’t one of the ingredients. The dip I made to pair with the chips uses Laughing Cow’s Sour Cream and Onion cream cheese wedges, and the taste is phenomenal. This is the perfect guilt-free version of chips I’ve ever had… and I think you’re going to love them too!
Baked Sunchoke Chips with Laughing Cow Onion Dip
3 sunchokes, about 2/3 cup sliced
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cream Cheese – Chive and Onion flavor, room temperature
2 Tbsp. light sour cream
1 tsp. minced onion flakes
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. shallot-pepper seasoning (or garlic pepper)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a small bowl.
3. Add seasonings and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Note: I like lots of garlic and lots of onion flavor. If you prefer less, adjust accordingly. You could also experiment with other herbs and herb mixes you love. Spice it up!
4. Slice your sunchokes into thin chip-like slices. Note: I scrubbed my sunchokes clean, but did not peel them before slicing.
5. Place sunchoke chips on a baking sheet, prepared with cooking spray. Spray sunchokes lightly with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Note: Keep an eye on these guys, they can go from golden brown to burnt pretty fast.
7. Move chips to a small plate, and place your dip into a ramekin. Begin dipping and enjoying this snack!
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 160; CARB 17g; FAT 7g; PROT 5g; FIB 0g; WW Points Plus: 4
Note: The Laughing Cow® provided me with product and a gift card to experiment with their product. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.