Pinterest… Oh, Pinterest….
There are so many tasty looking foods on Pinterest these days… over and over, I find myself pinning recipes that I’m dying to make. Considering that my fellow pinners are sharing tons of these recipes with me daily, it’s really hard to keep up.
I’ve even started a separate Pinterest board for the recipes that I try… click here to see. I’ve started including my reviews too, so pin if you wish, but check the comments to see if it comes NTTC recommended.
When I found this one, I think it took me TWO days to get the ingredients together and to make it. I had some fat-free half and half in my fridge from my previous Bolognese sauce recipe that I had made, so it was a great way to leverage what I had!
Yeah, that creamy, amazing soup you see above was made by little ol’ me. Oh, and let me surprise you by telling you it clocks in at LESS THAN 300 calories!
I will make this dish again and again and again… it even got the red alert text to all my closest chefs: You have to make this! Consider this YOUR text!
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
From Taste of Home
1/2 package (4.5 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 can (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup skim milk
1 cup fat free half-and-half cream
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup reduced fat grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, minus 2 minutes. Note: I cooked mine about 2 minutes less, so that my tortellini wouldn’t get to soggy. I thought they were PERFECTION.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently.
3. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup.
4. Stir in cheese.
5. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.
6. Grab a spoon and clean that bowl!
Per 1 cup of soup:
CAL 283; CARB 41g; FAT 7g; SAT FAT 3g; PROT 13g; FIB 3g; SUG 12g
WW Points+: 7; WW Smart Points: 10