Arctic Zero Milkshake

This weekend was one of those where I REALLY cooked. I probably tried 4-5 new recipes that I just LOVED.  Good news for all of you… I’ll be sharing them with you over the next few weeks.  REALLY good stuff.

Of everything I tried this weekend (which was a LOT!), my very favorite new recipe was a 114 calorie milkshake.  Yeah, you heard me right… a 114-calorie milkshake!!

Have you ever heard of Arctic Zero?  It’s a Fat Free, Gluten Free Ice Cream alternative.  Oh, and did  I mention that it only has 150 calories for the entire PINT???

(Source)

I heard about it first about a year ago and picked another pint up at the store a few weeks ago.   I was able to use the store locator on their website to find out where to buy it.  For me, I can get it at Sprouts grocery store and also at King Soopers.  Check out the store locator to find out where it’s sold in your area.

I had already eaten a bit of the pint during a previous ice cream craving.  On Sunday night, I didn’t really have to much going on.  So this is the type of crazy stuff I come up with when I have an extra day off.  This milk and “ice cream” combo is actually far from crazy – –  It’s downright delish!

Arctic Zero Milkshake

Serves 1

INGREDIENTS

1 cup Arctic Zero frozen dessert

1/2 cup skim milk, plus 1 Tbsp. if desired

1/4 tsp. vanilla (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Scoop out 1 cup of ice cream and put it in a blender or food processor.  Note:  I need a blender.  Second Note:  I nuked my Arctic Zero in the microwave for about 25 seconds to get the ice cream to be easier to handle.

2.  Add 1/4 cup of milk to the blender and vanilla, if it will complement your flavor choice.  Note:  I added one extra tablespoon of milk to reach the consistency I liked.  The Arctic Zero isn’t exactly creamy, but the milk blending with it makes it incredibly creamy and delish.  Play with the consistency… and make it how you’d like.

3.  Pour the milkshake into a glass and, of course, serve it with a straw.

4.  Sit on your couch… and enjoy!  Note:  This pic is after a big workout at the gym and before I hit the shower.  Objects in the image are exactly as dirty as they appear.

Seriously, before you know it, your milkshake will look like this.

Per Serving:

CAL 114; CARB 18g; FAT 0g; PROT:  11g

Since trying this recipe, I now have a freezer full of Arctic Zero.  I’ll keep you posted as I try other the Vanilla Maple and the Peanut Butter (Gasp) Chocolate.  Seriously, this might be the most perfect summertime treat ever.  So excited!

Comments

1. Marion says:

Oh my gosh Kelley that is definitely on my to do list!

2. Beverly says:

I tried this tonight with the coffee flavor. Oh my…so delish! Question for you…is your Arctic Zero ice cream hard as a rock straight out the freezer?! I will definitely have to let it sit for a bit before trying this….or work on my upper body strength!

It is sort of hard… but it gets oh-so-creamy when you mix it with the milk! I nuked mine in the microwave for about 25 seconds to get it softened up a little (it was still hard though!)

3. Laurel says:

hey girl!! this looks SO DELISH. I’m going to have to go get me some of this tomorrow! (never heard of it before. thanks for the tip!) ALSO: we have GOT to catch up! It’s been WAY too long! and I MIGHT be in desperate need of some motivation…. :) Miss you! xoxo

Awww.. go get some, and call me anytime! :) I’m making a Chocolate Peanut Butter one tonight.

4. Mely says:

Kelly, I discovered this over a year ago from another online friend. I buy mine at Sprout too since is like two blocks from my house. My fave flavors are Vanilla and the PB Chocolate. If you add some PB2 to the milkshake you will become addictive, the good thing is that you can feel guilty as the whole pint is 150 calories. Another good combo is the chocolate one with some caramel and coffee espresso, it’s turn into this mocha yummy heavenness. Try it you won’t be disappointed.

5. Mely says:

BTW, how lucky you are! They don’t bring the cookies ‘n cream at my Sprout :(.

6. NancyK says:

I must be the only one who thinks Artic zone is terrible! I’ve tried it twice – most recently with the chocolate peanut butter flavor. The only nice thing I can say is that it is cold. There is no flavor!! Your recipe sounds great, but just not for me.

PS – so glad the little birds are alive – hope they are doing well!

• Mely says:

Nancy, try it again and enhance the flavor with some PB2, cinnamon, coffee or vanilla extrac it will make a huge difference.

7. Erin says:

As I started to read this post, I literally screamed in my head “WHERE DO I GET THIS?!!?!?” Thanks so much for the handy dandy store locator. So pumped that there are a few options close to me I can grab this, can’t wait to try it!

Let me know what you think! I did what Mely above suggested and mixed the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor with milk and PB2. Holy Hannah… very delightful!

8. phyllis says:

Another great idea for a delicous milkshake and much cheaper is put a cup of soymilk in blender..add one frozen banana cut into slices and two tablespoons of gheradelli unsweetened chocolate powder..blend till smooth..it is only 200 calaries and sooo good and packed with nutrition..

9. Tara says:

I just did the chocolate with PB2 and almond milk.

100 calories, and nom!

Trackbacks

1. […] Arctic Zero, and I was inspired to try out another milkshake flavor and share it with all of you… Click here to see the first version I made.  So […]

AWP-DO