I’m definitely going through an Asian food stage. You might have noticed a theme in the recipes I’ve posted… but I can’t get enough of all the delicious Asian flavors. Check out my Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Salad and Broccoli Pecan Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette from last week.
Today, I couldn’t help sharing with you the latest… Baked Orange Chicken Meatballs. I mean, YUM.
Mmmmm… I love a good meatball, and these REALLY hit the spot. You can serve the meatballs with rice or noodle, but always trying to keep things on the lighter side, I chose a bowl of steamed broccoli and it REALLY hit the spot! Enjoy!
Baked Orange Chicken Meatballs
From Just a Taste
For the Meatballs
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. minced scallions
2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
3/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
steamed broccoli, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 500ºF. Spray a mini-muffin pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the milk and Panko breadcrumbs and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, salt, pepper and soaked breadcrumbs. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the meat mixture and then shape it into balls using 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat per meatball.
4. Place the shaped meatballs into the prepared pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked. While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
5. Add the sesame oil and olive oil to a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
6. Add the red pepper flakes, orange marmalade and hoisin sauce, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
7. Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer them into a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Serve immediately over steamed broccoli.
Per 4 meatball serving (not including broccoli):
CAL 365; FAT 6g; SAT FAT 2g; CARBS 41g; PROT 27g; FIB 1g; SUG 29g
WW Points+: 8; WW Smart Points: 10