Today’s recipe comes from my Instagram account. By popular demand, I’m sharing a recipe for a little meal I’ve been throwing together for the past few weeks.
Farmers’ Market season has me swinging downtown to pick up veggies every week, and a few weeks back, my favorite farmers’ stand had a “Buy a bag of veggies, get a bag of roasted chiles free” special. Why wouldn’t I pick up a free bag? And, since then, I’ve been so so hooked on these spicy peppers.
I’ve already been back for another batch, and keep them in the fridge until I’m ready to use them. So far, I’m throwing them into everything!!! I’m pretty sure I’m going to need to buy a few bags to freeze: that good.
This waffle has been a frequent flyer for the past few weeks. It’s super simple to throw together, and of course, it has some of my favorite ingredients: tomatoes, Laughing Cow Cheese, and of course, those tasty peppers!
Savory Waffle with Grilled Tomatoes and Roasted Chiles
1 medium tomato, any variety
3 roasted green chiles
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup Bisquick Healthy Heart baking mix
1. Slice your tomatoes, and add salt and pepper to both sides. I used a golden tomato today, but I’ve used every color of tomato… all delicious. The heirloom varieties have been my favorite!
2. Place them in a skillet prepared with cooking spray, on medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. You want them to brown a little bit, and they should definitely sizzle a bit.
3. Once you flip the tomatoes for the first time, add your chopped chiles.
4. Meanwhile, mix your milk and baking mix well and preheat your waffle iron.
5. Cook your waffle until done and remove it to a plate.
6. Spread your waffle with a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese. It won’t be even, it won’t be perfect. I will, however, be delicious!
7. Add your chiles!
8. Top with tomatoes. You guys, I can’t believe how caramelized these yellow tomatoes got. They looked (and tasted) so so good.