Picture It: It’s a beautiful Sunday morning and the bed is hugging you way too tightly with its fluffy white puffy comforter. The air is slightly chilly, so getting out of bed seems like the last thing in the world you want to do.
That was my Sunday… until I got the idea to make these.
Move over biscuits and gravy, your cousin Sausage Cheese Breakfast Scones stole your Sunday spot on the menu. This is one recipe that you’re going to want to try.
Sausage Cheese Breakfast Scones
1/2 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
2 Tbsp. 2% milk sharp cheddar, shredded
1 Morningstar Farms Breakfast Sausage patty
3 Tbsp. skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook sausage patty in the microwave for 30 seconds, on a small plate. Dice the patty.
3. Combine baking mix, cheese, and sausage in a large bowl.
4. Add milk. Use a bowl scraper to remove the mix that will stick to the bowl.
5. Knead the mixture 9-10 times, pressing and folding the dough onto itself to combine.
6. Split dough into two pieces, and roll into balls. Flatten into a round (almost burger shape) and place on a cooking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Note: When baking with cheese, parchment paper makes for easy clean-up!
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until scones are golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy!!
CAL 173; CARB 23g; FAT 5g; SAT FAT 1g; PROT 10g; FIB 2g; SUG 3g
WW Points Plus: 4; WW Smart Points: 5
If you think this scone looks good, here’s another one to try…