Last week, I received a HUGE shipment of powdered peanut butter from MyOatmeal.com. Have you heard about these guys yet?
MyOatmeal.com sells amazing custom-mixed oatmeal and my favorite… custom FLAVORED powdered peanut butter blends called PB Lean! Due to the generosity of the folks at MyOatmeal.com, I received samples of so many different flavors to experiment with. So far, the Banana Bread PB Lean (OMG!) and the Vanilla Frosting PB Lean that I use in today’s recipe are amongst my favorites!
Definitely check out the site… there are millions of flavor combinations you can create!
Here is my first recipe creation with the PB Lean… and it came out so delicious!
I feel like I keep hearing about the decadent cronut craze that’s sweeping NYC these days. While I haven’t spotted anything close to cronuts here in Colorado, I thought I’d try my hand at making a healthier version using reduced fat crescent rolls.
They were delicious! Much associated with the delicious glaze that tops the pastry.. Here’s how you can make your own!
Baked “Cresnuts” with Peanut Butter Glaze
1 can Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
4 Tbsp. PB Lean – Vanilla Frosting flavor
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp. water (more, if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unroll your crescent rolls, and divide into triangles. Sprinkle with truvia to sweeten the roll.
3. Roll the dough lengthwise, and then arrange in your donut pan (prepared with cooking spray) in a ring. Bake for 11-13 minutes until your cresnuts are golden. Note: One crescent triangle will make one cresnut. Sizes will vary within the package I noticed…
4. While your cresnuts bake, mix your glaze in a small bowl.
5. Remove your cresnuts to a wire cooling rack when done.
6. While your cresnuts are cooling, glaze them with the PB mixture.
Per 1 Cresnut:
CAL 126; CARB 22g; FAT 5g; SAT FAT 2g; PROT 4g; FIB 1g; SUG 10g
WW Points Plus: 4; WW Smart Points: 5
MyOatmeal.com provided me with all the the PB Lean pictured above and used in this recipe; however, all recipe information and opinions about the product are my own.