It’s awesome to be back in the kitchen again, especially when I’m cooking with BACON.
Yes, you can still eat bacon and eat healthy! It’s all about moderation, and I have to tell you… this recipe sort of knocked my socks off! The flavor combination of white balsamic, bacon, and scallions is awesome… and felt much more in-depth than the 15 minutes it took to prepare. And, PS… This is a Weight Watchers recipe!
Sauteed Chicken with Scallion-Bacon Vinaigrette
From Weight Watchers Simply Solo Cookbook
2 slices pre-cooked bacon (I used Hormel)
1 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
1. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, pepper, and salt.
2. Prepare a skillet with cooking spray and add your chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until done turning once. Transfer chicken to rest. Note: I ended up butterflying my chicken because it was too thick!
3. Cook your bacon in the pan for 30-45 seconds until done. Remove to paper towels. Crumble bacon, once cool.
4. To make the vinaigrette, add broth and vinegar to the pan and bring to a boil for about 1 minute.
5. Add bacon and scallions, and combine. After 30 seconds, remove from heat.
6. Spoon vinaigrette over chicken.
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 257; CARB 5g; FAT 6g; PROT 42g; FIB 1g; WW Points Plus: 6