Hungry Girl’s Sweet ‘n Sticky Sesame Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Place chicken in a quart sized ziploc bag and season with salt and pepper. Top with egg substitute and toss to coat. Put flour in wide bowl. One at a time, shake nuggets to remove excess egg and coat with flour.
3. Evenly lay on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. To make the sauce, combine broth with cornstarch in a nonstick skillet; whisk to dissolve. Set heat to medium low.
Add syrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. If you like, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Mix well. Cook and stir until thick enough to coat a spoon, 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Remove skillet from heat. Add chicken and toss to coat.
6. Plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Add a plentiful side of steamed broccoli.